A project manager is the person responsible for leading a project from its inception in the tender process to building close out, includes planning, execution and managing the people, resources and scope of the project.
Project managers must have the discipline to create clear and attainable objectives and to see them through to successful completion.
The project manager has full responsibility and authority to complete the assigned project and is the main channel of communication through owner, consultants, trades and governing bodies throughout the design, construction and close out processes.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
-Oversee, manage and direct construction projects from beginning to end
- Responsible for the overall planning and scheduling of assigned projects to ensure they are constructed in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Ensure all work is performed in accordance with contract specifications, including the submission of project deliverables such as working procedures and engineered shop drawings.
- Managing and reporting issues and risks, escalating as needed to ensure timely resolution and mitigation
- Communicate with the responsible parties to ensure quality construction exceeds company standards and proper industry techniques
- Coordinate amongst administrative staff, consultants and bidders. Negotiate and secure contracts for all scopes of work.
- Coordinate subcontractors and the construction team to meet contractual conditions of performance
- Develop construction project with architect, engineers, and trade workers
- Ensure all legal requirements, building and safety codes, safety inspections, city guidelines, and local and provincial regulations are met
-Define scope of work for all aspects including sub-trades (ensuring no overlap)
- Interpret and examine plans and create base budget values through construction divisions
- Determine needed resources (manpower, equipment and materials) from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations
- Determine cost implications through budgetary assignments on a monthly basis.
- Receives and approves shop drawings, ensures appropriate lead time is built into process for drawings
-Creating monthly reports, plans and organize monthly meeting with consultants, owners and Project Managers
-Implement Project Management Procedures
- Set up inspections related to all building envelope items and integral building systems to fulfill site plan agreements and permit agreements.
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs; issue change orders as required
- During construction, communicate with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, schedules, design conflicts and building related interferences.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED:
-Post graduate degree in Civil and Structural Engineering and/or 3-year diploma/degree from recognized Architecture/Construction would be an asset
-Experience or formal training in project management
- Knowledge of Ontario Building Codes
- Thorough understanding of construction working drawings
- Experience with architectural design software such as AutoCad, Revit and Autodesk as well as Microsoft Office Suite
- OACETT related certification/designation an asset
-Excellent resource, planning, and time management skills combined with financial acumen
- -Able to manage team of employees and multiple projects, Superior management and delegation capabilities
-Accurate and precise attention to detail, Self-motivated and self-directed
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, including influencing and negotiating skills
- Ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people who need to cooperate to achieve maximum efficiency--